“Technical Assistance for Increasing the Employability of People with Disabilities”
Project Number Europe Aid/136449/IH/SER/TR
The project is co-financed by the EU and the Republic of Turkey. The beneficiary is the Hacettepe University – Faculty of Health Science, Occupational Therapy Department and the contracting authority is the Ministry of Labour and Social Security.
Project duration is 20 month and the official commencement date was the 16th of November 2013.
The purpose of the project is to provide technical assistance services to increase the employability of PwD through developing their social skills, behavioural rehearsal, communication skills, physical functioning, writing skills, cognitive skills, motivation, stress management skills, use-of-time skills, self-awareness, job-search skills, efficiency and productivity and to facilitate their integration into the labour market, and also to bring up specialized educators and health professionals about the employment of PwD.
The overall objective of the project is to increase working capacity, motivation, productivity, job search skills and social skills of the PwD to increase their employability and facilitate their access to labour market.
Project results to be achieved:
Result 1:The knowledge on labour market and social needs of the PwD, their families, employers and associations were increased.
Result 2: Vocational, social and self-management skills of the disabled people and capacity of trainers on training of the disabled were increased.
Result 3: Awareness of the disabled people, their families, the stakeholders and the public about employment of PwD was increased.
Another outcome of the Project is the creation of a new Vocational Rehabilitation Centre for people with disabilities which really helps people with a disability to start or return to work.
Project Training Activities :
Trainings for the Hacettepe University – Department of Occupational Therapy :
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT will be repeated 2 sessions)
- Communication Skills and Motivational Interviewing
- Time and Stress Management
- Self-awareness and Body Awareness
- Driving Rehabilitation
- Cognitive Therapy
- Auditory Processing
- Model of Human Occupation
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Brain Tree Training – Course
- Person Environment Occupation Model
Trainings for People with Disabilities
1. Job Success and Productivity
- Getting a job or returning to work
- Choosing a job
- Stress management
- Problem solving,
- Time management
- Career planning
- Decision making
2. Communication and Interaction Skills
- Verbal and non-verbal skills (speaking, listening, reading, writing)
- Coping with work place challenges
- Team working
- Communication technologies
- Conflict management
3. Independent Living Skills
- Managing at home to make work possible
- Balancing work and home life
- Getting to and from work
- Participating in community activities