Empowering one another on the way to employment.
MissionIncreasing the employability of people with disabilities
Increasing the employability of people with disabilities through a new vision in Vocational Rehabilitation.
Change your life with Vocational Rehabilitation!
WHAT ARE THE SERVICES OFFERED BY HACETTEPE UNIVERSITY VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION CENTER?
In our Centre, Vocational Rehabilitation and working capacity improvement programs are carried out by the specialized occupational therapists in cooperation with physicians, physiotherapists, vocational counsellors, psychologists, audiologists, speech therapists, social workers and other related health staff. People who are already in employment but whose working capacity is restricted are trained in re-orientation. People with disabilities and all disadvantaged people are assisted to be directed to an appropriate job. Primarily, a detailed interview is conducted to understand the problems, request and needs of the individual in finding and maintaining a job.
1) In Assessment
- Working capacity
- Job analysis
- Occupational Skills
- Communication and social skills
- Self-management skills
- Independent living skills
- Rehabilitation needs are determined.
2) Job and career selections are discussed.
3) Disability related barriers for work are specifi ed.
4) Personalized work training plan is made and implemented.
5) Success of work is tracked.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF HACETTEPE VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION CENTER?
To work for maintaining the work, increasing success and satisfaction of the people whose working capacity and job adaptation ability have decreased for various reasons by supporting them physically, cognitively and spiritually.
To make adaptations in work environments, to recommend and to provide training on methods and tools to facilitate work-related tasks and activities in order to improve work-related productivity and life quality of people with reduced work capacity.
To provide training so that the person can return to his/her former job quickly and safely and in order to improve his/her own work and life quality or to evaluate and develop the interest and work potential to start a new job.
Also to help the person for the work-related problems to be encountered and to improve his/her health and wellbeing. With the specially prepared working capacity training program, to ensure the person to be more successful at work by maximizing the individual’s success and productivity ability.
To make reviews and analysis of personal interests and abilities. To understand what the person want to do and can do, to identify strengths and obstacles.
To make detailed measurements and evaluations to determine the physical, sensorymotor, cognitive and psychosocial skills of the person.
To design a special job training program as a result of personal work analysis and evaluations. To implement trainings to increase both the working capacity and develop self-management skills according to the needs of the person in this program.
With the rehabilitation approaches including different diciplines, to increase work tolerance of the person with the aim of returning to work at the shortest time.
To develop working strategies to harmonization of employee satisfaction, to prevent leave of employment and to increase productivity upon the demands of the employer.
To strengthen health and well-being through person-centred and biopsychosocial ergotherapy approaches.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THEASSESSMENT?
Assessments are made to determine the situations that can prevent the skills and working capacity of the employee.
With the working capacity assessment systems, objective and standardized assessments are carried out. Functional joint movements, strength, fl exibility, speed and endurance, coordination, walking and balance, reaction time, visual perception, sensory evaluation and working ability are assessed.
1) Valpar work samples assessments: These tests are used to evaluate the working capacity of the person with many various job simulations. In different jobs requiring special skills, performance of the person is evaluated by means of the tests below:
- Mechanical small instruments
- Size differentiation
- Number classifi cation
- Upper limbs joint movement
- Comprehension of and skills for offi ce works
- Independent problem solving
- Multi-level classifi cation
- Simulated montage
- Three level measurement
- Hand –eye- leg coordination
- Welding and observation
- Electrical equipment and print reading
- Pre job reading battery
- Conceptual perceiving with blind assessment
- Dynamic physical capacity
- Physical capacities and mobility scanning assessment
- Mechanical montage/aligning and hammering
- Mechanical reasoning and machine tendency
- Fine fi nger skills
- Independent perception skill (spatial ability)
- Work related skill modules
2) Occupational personality characteristics, cognitive behaviour assessment; Vienna Test series.
3) With the Functional Capacity Assessment (FCE-JTech computer included working capacity assessment systems) static and dynamic loads regarding strength, endurance, coordination, physical demands of the work, work postures are measured. Data collected using standardized functional test protocols objectively defi ne the physical abilities of the employee.
4) Measurements for equilibrium, vestibular system and sensory processing evaluation.
5) Hand strength, function and skill tests, computer assisted measurements.
6) Evaluation of stress-coping, self-management, communication skills.
7) Special evaluations with computerized simulation system for driver rehabilitation.
8) Attention and eye-following functional evaluations.
9) Assessment of job analysis.
10) Evaluation of work-related functions and work tolerance.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF
INDIVIDUAL WORK TRAINING PLAN?
After functional abilities are evaluated, personalized work training program is generated.
Purpose of individual work training program:
- Analysing person, environment and work related tasks with biopsychosocial ergotherapy models, increasing work roles to harmonize each other, activity and social participation
- Increasing the personal working capacity
- Identifying physical tolerance and work
- Developing self-management skills
- Improving posture and body mechanics of the person
- Developing the strategies to reduce pain Enabling problem solving ability
- Adapting to the work environment
- Cognitive Behavioural Approach training implementation
- Driver rehabilitation for people who want to use car
- Sensory integration training and environmental regulations for persons with
sensory processing problems, creation of healthy environments.
- Increase productivity and safety in work environments with ergonomic regulations at work
- Regulations that promote occupational life and social inclusion
- Cooperation with injured workers, medical and health team members and employers
HOW IS THE PROCESS IN HACETTEPE UNIVERSITY VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION CENTER?
Based on the personal needs, time period of each stage may differ.
- Application and registration is made.
- Pre-interview is made. (Details about the disease or injury of the individual, treatments the person had, medical history, existing symptoms of the person, expectation of the person, specifying the obstacles for returning to work, if the person will return to his/her job or a working capacity for a new job will be developed, priorities and action plan etc.)
- Current situation of the person is analysed with standard tests and report is prepared.
- Working capacity is evaluated in detail physically, mentally, cognitively and spiritually.
- Situation analysis is made with offi ce visit and job analysis.
- Individual work is planned and and training is provided to develop working capacity and adaptation.
- Self-management skills training is provided and programs such as job search, motivation, stress coping, facilitating learning are applied.
- Results are evaluated and final report is prepared.
Ministry of Labour and Social Security, Ministry of Family and Social Policies, Ministry of Health, Ministry of National Education, Turkish Employment Agency, Social Security Institution, Hacettepe University Hospital, rehabilitation centres, other hospitals, business schools, employers, insurance companies, non-governmental organizations and related International organizations are our key stakeholders.
Vocational Rehabilitation Center
Yapı İşleri ve Teknik Daire Başkanlığı Binası, Zemin Kat
Tel: 0090 312 680 21 93